Saturday, July 20, 2024

Zuppa di Fragole - Strawberry Soup

How lucky am I that I was able to learn so many Italian recipes in the kitchen of wonderful Italian people, and sometimes they even flew to New York and cooked in MY kitchen! Pretty damn lucky! 
This recipe for Zuppa di Fragole, Strawberry Soup, is from my friend Velasco Cimica’s mom Rita. Rita was from Rome but she fed (and taught) me in their summer home in Pescia. You are missed Rita, and I hope that somehow you know that I never see a ripe strawberry without thinking of you and your incredible Zuppa di Fragole.  

This dessert soup is almost as refreshing as drinking the water running through the mountains in Pescia.  Wait until you taste it.

I have made it my own by adding Limoncello and serving it over Granita di Limone (homemade lemon ices, but you can substitute Lemon Sorbet)


Rita making Zuppa di Fragole in Pescia

Zuppa di Fragole

Guiseppe and Paolo after Rita made dinner in Pescia


No comments:

Post a Comment