Sunday, January 13, 2019

Banana Cake with Walnuts, Raisins and Spiced Rum

I prefer to make this cake a day ahead of time to allow the moisture and taste from the glaze to seep through the cake.

I have 4 super ripe bananas in the kitchen, you can smell banana when you enter the room.  I would usually have one of 2 reactions:  toss them or make banana bread.  I almost decided on the latter.  However, I already know the Queen of Banana Bread is Lia Donato, and since I don’t like being a runner up, I had to go for something different.  Banana Cake! Yep, Banana Cake with Spiced Rum! Yep, Banana Cake with Spiced Rum, Walnuts and Raisins!  Yep, that’s it.  A Banana Cake with Spiced Rum, Walnuts and Raisins.  What could be bad?

I used a Bundt pan, but it can be made in a 9” x 2” round cake pan.  I have lots of fancy Bundt pans, but I decided to use a regular round one for this since it is New Year and it should be a continuing circle.  Plus, when a round Bundt pan is used, the glaze not only is poured on the top and sides, but also in the middle. Yum

Click here for recipe


5 comments:

  1. You are writing some Amazing tips. This article really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing this blog.
    bigbasket coupons

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post! .I appreciate your hard work. Thank you for sharing. I have also share some use full information.
    echobeat review
    chargeboost reviews
    liporing
    doc socks
    livewave antenna cost

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, thank for sharing this information. It's really makes me understand about that topic. AirBolt Smart Lock Review

    ReplyDelete

  5. Glad I'm stumbled upon to this blog, the content is very information thanks for sharing such piece of knowledge with us.

    Xtra-PC Review

    ReplyDelete